Genesis 2:8
The LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed.

Friday, June 15, 2012

40 Miles on Empty - 973


God certainly knows how to empty and fill vessels - ours and our gas tanks', often.  In returning from the land where i grew up, God's country in northern Wisconsin, He tested my faith just south of St. Louis during the second leg of the return trip.  Having limited funds to make it home, He asked me again to let Him take the wheel and to trust that the gas gauge reading past Empty does not limit His ability.   So just south of St. Louis, MO i prayed and asked for strength to trust Him.  He answered that prayer, reminded me not to worry (Phil 4:6-7), and took me exactly where i needed to be, humbled, relying on Him, and to the next available gas station somewhere around mile marker 185.  
  From the start, the trip was blessed and i was able to see my daughter graduate and spend a few days with her.   There are really too many things to recount, and most people would dismiss these "coincidental events", but if you have the eyes to see and the ears to hear, He is evident in all things and all events.  i would love to share many details but i have to head back to the garden this morning.  Suffice to say, my way was paid, and i did stay longer than i had expected which was prophetic a week before i departed.  What else would you expect from a perfect God that gives you a Buick La Sabre (The Sword) to drive, and guides you 2400 miles from the south to the north and back along "The Avenue of the Saints" (Hwy 61)?  Lean on Him and watch Him empty you of the unwanted and inhibiting while filling you with the blessed things of the heart - love.

Love and God Bless,

~ antbrother

p.s.  We are certainly getting much closer to 977.  :)  Let's see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Hello old friend! It's been a while since we've spoke. I was just reading this blog where you speak of reconnecting and wanted to let you know that you have another old friend here who would love to reconnect! I was going through some old pictures with my girlfriend yesterday and came across a picture of us playing guitars. I said this guy is my best friend and I really miss him! All these years later I still consider you to be my best friend. You know how to reach me, I still work at the same place... lol or bk*******@msn.com I recently moved to a few blocks away from the old house on Hillside. Many good memories from those days!

    ReplyDelete